By Hongjiang Song
By U.S. Government,Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack,U.S. House of Representatives
By Jan S. Iwanczyk
Radiation Detectors for clinical Imaging discusses the present cutting-edge and destiny customers of photon-counting detectors for clinical imaging functions. that includes contributions from major specialists and pioneers of their respective fields, this book:
- Describes x-ray spectral imaging detectors in accordance with cadmium zinc telluride (CdZnTe) and cadmium telluride (CdTe) materials
- Presents novel computed tomography (CT) and x-ray scientific purposes of photon-counting detectors
- Considers the longer term use of CT scanners as either an anatomical and a useful modality in parts ordinarily reserved for nuclear medication techniques
- Addresses pulse pileup, incomplete cost assortment, and different phenomena that could degrade the spectral reaction of photon-counting detectors
- Examines silicon photomultipliers utilized in single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission tomography (PET) systems
Radiation Detectors for clinical Imaging explores state-of-the-art technologies that play an essential function within the detection, prognosis, and therapy of significant human ailments, together with middle affliction and cancer—the most sensible killers in constructed countries.
By Mark Coates,B. D. Jenkins
This crucial ebook fills the distance among software program and handbook calculations. It offers the reader with the entire worthy instruments to permit actual calculations of circuit designs. instead of advanced equations, this booklet makes use of broad labored examples to make realizing the calculations easier. the point of interest on labored examples furnishes the reader with the data to hold out the mandatory exams to electric cable sizing software program programmes.
Other key positive factors include:
- Updated details on 230 volt references and voltage drop below common load conditions
- New sections on buried cables that take into consideration soil thermal conductivity, trenches and grouping, permitting readers to hold out actual cables sizing
- Information and examples of metal stressed out armour cables, new to this variation. This contains sufficiency in the course of brief circuits and, for cables with externally run CPCs, supplies distinctive fault conditions.
- Covers calculations of cross-sectional components of circuit dwell conductors
- Earth fault loop impedances
- Protective conductor cross-sectional parts and brief circuit conditions
- Short circuit protection.
The final bankruptcy combines the entire calculations of the former chapters to let the reader to accomplish a correct layout of an install circuit lower than all conditions.
A particular device for distinctive electric set up alternate, Electrical deploy Calculations, Fourth Edition is helpful to electricians, electric designers, installers, technicians, contractors, and plant engineers. Senior electric engineering scholars and technical schools, junior engineers, and contracts managers also will locate this article useful.
By Herbert Bernstein
Die Mikrocontroller ATtiny2313, ATtiny26 und ATmega32 von Atmel sind im Unterricht und in der Praxis für ihre vielseitigen Anwendungen und einfache Programmierbarkeit bekannt. Der ATtiny2313 ist ein reiner digitaler Prozessor und mit diesem lernt guy das Grundprinzip, erklärt anhand von einfachen Beispielen. Auch die Programmierung in Assembler wird an Beispielen ausführlich behandelt. Der ATtiny26 ist ein Prozessor mit internen AD-Wandlern an den Eingängen und DA-Wandlern an den Ausgängen. Beispiele für die Programmierung in Assembler runden das Prinzip ab. Der ATmega32 in seinem 40-poligen DIL-Gehäuse bildet die Lösung für einen kleinen desktop mit LCD-Anzeige und zahlreichen Peripheriebausteinen. Das besondere für die Programmierung in Assembler ist der kompatible Befehlssatz für die drei Mikrocontroller.
By Andrew Wright
By Xinmiao Zhang
Error-correcting codes are ubiquitous. they're followed in virtually each sleek electronic communique and garage process, resembling instant communications, optical communications, Flash thoughts, desktop challenging drives, sensor networks, and deep-space probing. New-generation and rising functions call for codes with greater error-correcting power. nonetheless, the layout and implementation of these high-gain error-correcting codes pose many demanding situations. and so they contain advanced mathematical computations, and mapping them on to frequently results in very excessive complexity.
VLSI Architectures for contemporary Error-Correcting Codes serves as a bridge connecting developments in coding idea to functional implementations. rather than targeting circuit-level layout innovations, the booklet highlights built-in algorithmic and architectural modifications that bring about nice advancements on throughput, silicon quarter requirement, and/or energy intake within the implementation.
The objective of this e-book is to supply a entire and systematic evaluate of obtainable options and architectures, to be able to be simply through process and designers to strengthen en/decoder implementations that meet error-correcting functionality and price specifications. This ebook will be extensively utilized as a reference for graduate-level classes on VLSI layout and error-correcting coding. specific emphases are put on challenging- and soft-decision Reed-Solomon (RS) and Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem (BCH) codes, and binary and non-binary low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes. those codes are among the finest applicants for contemporary and rising purposes because of their sturdy error-correcting functionality and reduce implementation complexity in comparison to different codes. to assist clarify the computations and en/decoder architectures, many examples and case reports are included.
More importantly, discussions are supplied at the benefits and downsides of alternative implementation techniques and architectures.
By Elisabeth Pate-Cornell,William B. Rouse,Charles M. Vest
Examines present and potential demanding situations surrounding worldwide demanding situations of schooling, strength, healthcare, safeguard, and resilience
This publication discusses matters in large-scale platforms within the usa and worldwide. The authors learn the demanding situations of schooling, power, healthcare, nationwide protection, and concrete resilience. The publication covers demanding situations in schooling together with America's use of academic money, standardized checking out, and using school room technology. concerning strength, this publication examines debates on weather, the present and destiny advancements of the nuclear energy undefined, the advantages and value decline of common gases, and the promise of renewable power. The authors additionally speak about nationwide safety, concentrating on the problems of nuclear guns, terrorism and cyber safety. city resilience is addressed within the context of common threats comparable to hurricanes and floods.
- Studies the use of a globalized benchmark for either pupil and pedagogical performance
- Covers themes comparable to surveillance, operational services, circulate of assets, and the professionals and cons of globalization
- Examines vast facts, evolving scientific methodologies and results at the clinical academic curriculum, and the confident results of digital files in healthcare data
Perspectives on complicated international demanding situations: schooling, power Healthcare, protection, and Resilience serves as a reference for presidency officers, body of workers in safeguard, company executives and approach engineers.
By Yukinobu Kumashiro
By Peter Aaen,Jaime A. Plá,John Wood