By Arndt Susmann
By Raphael Patai
By Kerric Harvey
The Encyclopedia of Social Media and Politics explores how the increase of social media is changing politics either within the usa and in key moments, activities, and locations worldwide. Its scope encompasses the disruptive applied sciences and actions which are altering simple styles in American politics and the superb changes that social media use is rendering in different political structures heretofore immune to democratization and alter. In a time while social media are revolutionizing and provoking politics within the usa and world wide, this encyclopedia is a must have reference. It displays the altering panorama of politics the place outdated modes and strategies of political conversation from elites to the loads (top down) and from the loads to elites (bottom up) are being displaced swiftly through social media, and the place activists are development new activities and protests utilizing social media to change mainstream political agendas.
- This three-volume A-to-Z encyclopedia set comprises six hundred brief essays on high-interest subject matters that discover social media’s effect on politics, equivalent to “Activists and Activism,” “Issues and Social Media,” “Politics and Social Media,” and “Popular Uprisings and Protest.”
- A stellar array of worldwide well known students have written entries in a transparent and obtainable kind that invitations readers to discover and give some thought to using social media via political applicants during this state, in addition to using social media in protests out of the country
- Unique to this ebook is a detailed appendix with fabric unavailable wherever else monitoring and illustrating social media utilization through U.S. Senators and Congressmen.
This encyclopedia set is a must have basic, non-technical source for college kids and researchers who search to appreciate how the adjustments in social networking via social media are affecting politics, either within the usa and in chosen international locations or areas round the world.
By David McCandless
In this unbelievable follow-up to the bestselling info is gorgeous, the king of infographics David McCandless makes use of fabulous visuals to bare unforeseen insights into how the realm rather works.
Due to the extent of aspect contained during this e-book, it's best learn on a pill. it can be mistaken for analyzing on cell phones and e-ink readers and we propose that you just obtain a pattern earlier than buy to make sure that it screens accurately in your device.
We reside within the details Age, within which we're continuously bombarded with facts – on tv, in print and on-line. How do we relate to this mind-numbing overload? input David McCandless and his striking infographics: basic, based how you can comprehend info too advanced or summary to know any approach yet visually. In his detailed signature variety, he creates spectacular monitors that mix evidence with their connections, contexts and relationships, making info significant, wonderful – and beautiful.
Taking infographics to the subsequent point, his new e-book wisdom is gorgeous is an forever interesting spin throughout the global of visualized information, which deals a deeper, extra wide-ranging examine the area and its historical past. overlaying every thing from puppy breeds and picture plots to the origins of lifestyles and a timeline of the a long way destiny, this beautiful booklet is sure to enhance your realizing of the world.
By Kerry Walters
Provides a finished assessment of 10 significant slave revolts and examines how these uprisings and conspiracies impacted slaveholding colonies and states from 1663 to 1861.
- Offers an summary of yankee slave revolts and conspiracies to revolt
- Explores the context of power worry of rebellion in slaveholding colonies and states in North the USA from 1663 to 1861
- Offers money owed gleaned from fundamental assets concerning slave leaders and their lieutenants, and of the rigors that condemned them
- Describes the weather of worry within which slaveholding whites lived, in addition to a number of the social practices and felony statutes they enacted to reduce the danger of slave revolt
- Includes a story, fundamental fabrics, biographics, a chronology, and an annotated bibliography—all of with the intention to be priceless to scholars writing papers at the topic
By David L. Bartlett,Barbara Brown Taylor
With this new lectionary statement sequence, Westminster John Knox deals the main huge source for preaching out there at the present time. while whole, the twelve volumes of the sequence will hide the entire Sundays within the three-year lectionary cycle, in addition to movable events, corresponding to Christmas Day, Epiphany, Holy Week, and All Saints' Day.
For each one lectionary textual content, preachers will locate 4 short essays--one each one at the theological, pastoral, exegetical, and homiletical demanding situations of the textual content. this provides preachers 16 assorted ways to the proclaimation of the note on any given occasion.
The editors and individuals to this sequence are world-class students, pastors, and writers representing various denominations and traditions. And whereas the twelve volumes of the sequence will stick with the trend of the Revised universal Lectionary, each one quantity will comprise an index of biblical passages in order that nonlectionary preachers, in addition to lecturers and scholars, may perhaps utilize its content.
By Alan R. Velie,Jennifer Mcclinton-temple
By Bathroom Readers' Institute
Une histoire easy et crue, sensuelle, où l’auteur dépeint des personnages étonnamment complexes – des personnages comme vous et moi. Axel traite avec subtilité de sujets brûlants, l’exhibition, l’amour, le sexe, l’estime de soi, dans une bande dessinée aussi érotique que sensible.
By Thomas Cleveland Holt,Laurie B. Green,Charles Reagan Wilson